- Taluk SI
Important Date to Note
|Starting date for Apply Online||20.03.2019|
|Last date for Apply Online||19.04.2019|
|Date of Examination||Will be Announced|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
- Minimum Age: 20 yrs.
- Maximum Age: 28 yrs.
- Candidates should have completed 20 Years as on 1stJuly 2019 and should not be more than 28 years in age.
|Category of candidates||Upper age limit||Age relaxation|
|Backward Class, BC (M) [Backward Class ( Muslim)], MBC (Most Backward Class)/DNC (De-notified Community)||30 years||2 years|
|Departmental candidates appearing for departmental exam||45 years||17 years|
|Schedule Class (SC), SC (A) [Schedule Caste (Arunthathiyar)], ST (Scheduled Tribes)||33 years||5 years|
|Ex-Serviceman/ Ex-personal of Central Para-Military forces (who have discharged from the services on or after 8th March 2016) OR Serving candidates who are going to retire within one year of last date of receipt of online receipt||45 years||17 years|
|Destitute widow||35 years||7 years|
- Written Examination
- Physical Measurement Test / Endurance Test / Physical Efficiency Test
- Personal Interview
- Special Marks
Scale Of Pay
- 36900 – 116600
- Taluk SI : 969 Posts
|Post||Vacancies for General / Male||Vacancies for Women / Transgenders|
|Tamil Nadu Special Police||33 (Male)||–|
TNUSRB SI Recruitment Quota 2019
|Quota||Percentage of overall vacancies|
- Candidates who are serving police personnel and meet eligibility criteria as per TNPSS (Rule 14) and TNSPSS rule are eligible for Departmental quota.
- Sportsperson who have represented national, state or inter-university in specified 15 games/ sports are eligible for Sports Quota.
- Written exam for departmental quota is conducted separately.
- Departmental quota candidates can apply for both departmental and open examination.
- Communal reservation is given within each quota as per the existing rules.
- In case there is no availability of candidates for any of the quota (i.e. departmental and sports), seats will be transferred to general quota. These seats will be filled as per communal reservation.
- Examination Fee of 500/-has to be paid to appear for the Recruitment.
- Candidates who wish to apply under TN Police, General Category & Sports reservation quota are to pay 1000/-as Examination Fee.
- Examination Fee can be paid Offline (SBI Challan) as well as Online.
- Online /Offline
|General Knowledge||40 Marks|
|Logical Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Psychology Test, Communication Skills, Information Handling Ability||30 Marks|
|Total Marks||70 Marks|
Note :(140 questions each carrying half mark). Duration of written exam – 2 hours 30 minutes
Departmental Candidates – Exam Pattern
|General Knowledge||15 Marks|
|Communication skills, Numerical skills, Logical Analysis, Information handling ability, Indian Penal Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Indian Evidence Act, Police Standing Orders and Police Administration||70 Marks|
|Total Marks||85 Marks|
Note : (170 questions each carrying half mark). Duration of written exam – 3 hours.
TN Police Taluk SI Height Requirments (PMT)
|OC, BC, BC(M) and MBC/DNC||163 cms|
|SC, SC(A) and ST||160 cms|
|OC, BC, BC(M) and MBC/DNC||154 cms|
|SC, SC(A) and ST||152 cms|
TNUSRB SI (Taluk) Endurance Test
- Endurance Test comprises of following events. Only the candidates who qualify in the Endurance Test will be allowed to appear in the Physical Efficiency Test.
Open quota and 20% Departmental Quota Candidates
- Men:- 1500 meters run within 7 minutes
- Women:- 400 meters run within 2 minutes 30 seconds
Ex-servicemen and Ex-personnel of Central Paramilitary Forces
- 1500 meters run within 8 minutes
TNUSRB SI 2015 Official Physical Cut Off Marks
TNUSRB SI 2015 Official Written Cut Off Marks
- Candidates must possess a degree from a recognized University are eligible to apply for this Tamil Nadu Police SI Recruitment.
- General Science
- Chemistry and Biology viz.
- Human Physiology
- Scientific Instruments, Inventions, and Discoveries.
- Indian Towns and Places
- Scientists and their contributions
- Animals, Mammals and Birds, Environment and Ecology
- Diseases and their cause, cure, and prevention
- Diet and Balanced diet
- National, International awards
- Current Affairs
- The latest development in Science and technology
- New developments in Trade
- General Technology
- Sentence Arrangement
- Fill in the blanks
- Para Completion
- Joining Sentences
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
- Spelling Test
- Spotting Errors
- Idioms and Phrases
- Passage Completion
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Sentence Completion
- Active and Passive Voice
- Sentence Improvement
- Time and Work Partnership
- Ratio and Proportion
- Boats and Streams
- Races and Games
- Time and Distance
- Problems on Trains
- Simple Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Odd Man Out
- Permutations and Combinations
- Compound Interest
- Problems on L.C.M and H.C.F
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Problems on Numbers
- Simple Equations
- Numbers and Ages
- Mixtures and Allegations
- Quadratic Equations
- Indices and Surds
- Simplification and Approximation
- Series Completion
- Verification of truth of the Statement
- Coding- Decoding
- Direction Sense Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Situation Reaction Test
- Alpha- Numeric Sequence Puzzle
- Puzzle Test
- Blood Relations
- Venn Diagrams
- Assertion and Reasoning
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Operations of Mathematics
- Word Sequence
- Missing Characters
- Sequential Output training
- Test on Alphabets
- Eligibility Test
- Dot Situation
- Identical figure groupings
- Forming figures and analysis
- Water Images
- Analytical Reasoning
- Construction of squares and Triangles
- Paper Folding
- Paper Cutting
- Cubes and Dice
- Spotting embedded figures
- Mirror Images
- Figure Matrix
- Completion Incomplete Pattern
Previous Year Question Paper