- Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants(PA/SA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)
- Court Clerk.
Important Date to Note
|Starting date for Apply Online||03.12.2019|
|Last date for Apply Online||10.01.2020|
|Last date for Payment||12.01.2020|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||14.01.2020|
|Date of (Tier I) Examination||16.03.2020 to 27.03.2020|
|Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper)||28.06.2020|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
- 18-27 years as on 01-01-2020 (i.e. Candidates born not before 02-01-1993 and not later than 01-01-2002).
|Category||Permissible age relaxation|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|PwD + OBC||13 years|
|PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
- Computer Based Examination (Tier – I)
- Descriptive Paper (Tier – II)
- Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier-III)
Scale Of Pay
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Level-2 (Rs. 19,900-63,200).
- Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA): Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100).
- Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100) and
- Data Entry Operator, Grade “A‟: Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100).
- Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only).
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
|Subject (Not in sequence)||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Time Duration (For all four Parts)|
|English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25/ 50||60 Minutes (80 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribes as per Para II General Intelligence 25/ 50 8.1 and 8.2)|
|General Intelligence||25/ 50|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25/ 50|
|General Awareness||25/ 50|
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
Overall Exam Analysis of SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1
The question paper was easy to moderate
|Name of the Section||Level of questions||No of Good Attempts|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Easy – Moderate||18-21|
SSC CHSL 2018 TIER- 1 Cut-Off
|Category||Cut-Off Marks||Candidate Available|
SSC CHSL 2017 (TIER- 1+ Tier II) Cut-Off: LDC/JSA/PA/SA
|Cut off Marks||199.00||192.00||174.50||167.00||173.50||155.50||125.50||136.00|
Tier I Syllabus
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms/ Homonyms
- Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic operations
- Symbolic/ Number Analogy
- Trends, Figural Analogy
- Space Orientation
- Semantic Classification
- Venn Diagrams
- Symbolic/ Number Classification
- Drawing inferences
- Figural Classification
- Punched hole/ patternfolding & unfolding
- Semantic Series
- Figural Pattern-folding and completion
- Number Series
- Embedded figures
- Figural Series
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Word Building,
- Social Intelligence
- Coding and de-coding
- Other subtopics, if any Numerical operations.
Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2 + Cos2 =1 etc.,
Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
- Economic Scene
- General policy and
- Scientific research.
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper)
- This Tier has a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the students in English/Hindi. The Paper would have an essay to be written in 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words.
- The minimum marks to qualify in Tier-II would be 33 percent.
- The performance in Tier-II would be incorporated for preparing merit.
- The best way to prepare for this tier is to read as many articles from various sources like magazines, novels, newspapers, etc. Besides this, you need to be well versed in the pattern of Letter and Application.
- The duration of the exam is 60 minutes’ carrying 100 marks.
- The level of questions is based on a 10th standard or higher secondary level.
- It is a qualifying exam stage
- The medium of paper should remain the same throughout, part of the paper in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated
- The duration of the exam is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
Tier III Syllabus
The Tier 3 of SSC CGL Exam 2019 has skill tests that are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator(DEO):
- Typing speed for Data Entry operator is 8,000 (eight thousand) with Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- The test will be of 15 minutes duration
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
- Typing Test will be held in English or Hindi and candidates while registering for the Examination, will have to mention his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
- In this, the typing test will be of qualifying in nature.
- It will be managed on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency approved by the Commission.
- Candidates who opt for English medium should possess a typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Candidates who opt for Hindi medium should have a typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be decided on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be given 30 minutes.
Note: After conducting a skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be chosen based on their position in the merit list.