- Indian Forest Service
Important Date to Note
|Starting date for Apply Online||19.02.2019|
|Last date for Apply Online||18.03.2019|
|Last date for Payment (Pay-in-Slip)||17.03.2019|
|Last date for Payment of Fee (Pay-in-Slip)||18.03.2019|
|Date of Examination||December 2019|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
- Minimum Age: 21 Years
- Maximum Age: 32 Years
- Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-08-1987 & not later than 01-08-1998.
- Age Relaxation is applicable as per rules
- For Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC /ST): Up to 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): Up to 3 years
- State of Jammu & Kashmir (Domiciled during the period from the 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989: Up to 5 years.
- Defence Services personnel: Up to 5 years
- Ex-servicemen including Commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years Military Service as on and have been released: Up to 5 years
- ECOs/ SSCOs: Up to a maximum of five years.
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the screening & selection of candidates for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination; and
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates against the vacancies identified and reported for the Indian Forest Service Examination.
Scale Of Pay
|Junior Time Scale||Rs 15600 – Rs 39100 with Grade Pay of 5400|
|Senior Time Scale||Rs 15600 – Rs 39100 with Grade Pay of Rs. 6600|
|Junior Administrative Grade||Rs 15600 – Rs 39100 with Grade Pay of Rs. 7600|
|Deputy Conservator of Forest (Selection Grade)||Rs 37400 – Rs 67000 with Grade Pay of Rs. 8700|
|Conservator of Forests||Rs 37400 – Rs 67000 with Grade Pay of Rs. 8900|
|Chief Conservator of Forests||Rs 37400 – Rs 67000 with Grade Pay of Rs. 10000|
|Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests||Rs 67000 – Rs 79000|
|Principal Chief Conservator of Forests||Rs 75000 – Rs 80000|
|Principal Chief Conservator of Forests||Fixed Pay Scale: Rs 80000|
- Indian Forest Service – 90
- For Others: 100/-
- For Female/ SC/ ST/ PwBD candidate: Nill
- Depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash/ Net Banking/ Credit/ Debit card
Cut Off 2018:
Marks out of 1400
Indian Forest Service Examination, 2018:
Marks out of 1700
Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2013
|Category||Cutoff Marks (out of 400)|
|Paper I||General English||300|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||300|
|Paper III||Optional Subject 1||200|
|Paper IV||Optional Subject 1||200|
|Paper V||Optional Subject 2||200|
|Paper VI||Optional Subject 2||200|
- Candidate should have a degree from a recognized University.
For Preliminary Examination
Paper- I: General Knowledge
- Current Event of National and International importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography.
- Indian polity and Governance.
- Economic and Social Development.
- General Science.
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change.
Paper – II: General Studies
- Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills.
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving.
- General Mental Ability.
- Basic Numeracy, Data Interpretation.
General English Syllabus
- The English paper would consist of an essay and passages to write the summary
- The standard level of papers in General English and General Knowledge are for a Science or Engineering graduate of an Indian University.
- Other questions are to test general understanding of English and everyday use of words.
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
UPSC-IFS-Agricultural-Engineering-Syllabus – Download Here
UPSC-IFS-Agriculture-Syllabus – Download Here
UPSC-IFS-Animal-Husbandry – Download Here
UPSC-IFS-Botany-Syllabus – Download Here
UPSC-IFS-Chemical-Engineering-Syllabus – Download Here
UPSC-IFS-Chemistry-Syllabus – Download Here
UPSC-IFS-Civil-Engineering-Syllabus – Download Here
UPSC-IFS-Forestry-Syllabus – Download Here
UPSC-IFS-Geology-Syllabus – Download Here
UPSC-IFS-Mathematics-Syllabus – Download Here
UPSC-IFS-Mechanical-Engineering-Syllabus – Download Here
UPSC-IFS-Physics-Syllabus – Download Here
UPSC-IFS-Statistics-Syllabus – Download Here
UPSC-IFS-Zoology-Syllabus – Download Here
Previous Year Question Paper
Model Question Paper