- Assistant Jailor in Prison Department
Important Date to Note
|Starting date for Apply Online||08.10.2018|
|Last date for Apply Online||07.11.2018|
|Last date for Payment (SBI or Indian Bank or Indian Bank)||09.11.2018|
Date of Examination
|Paper – I||06.01.2019 (10 AM to 1 PM)|
|Paper – II (General Studies)||06.01.2019 (2 PM to 5.30 PM)|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
Click here to Download – Medical Fitness Certificate
Age Limit (as on 01.07.2018)
|SI. No||Category of Applicants||Minimum Age (should have completed)||Maximum Age (should not have completed)|
|1.||Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiyar), Scheduled Tribes, Most backward Classess / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes, Backward Classes (Muslim) and Destitute Widows of all categories||18 years||No maximum age limit|
|2.||“Other”s (i.e. Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all categories)||18 years||30 years|
- Written Exam
- Oral Test
Scale Of Pay
- Rs.35,400/– to Rs.1,12,400/- per Month from the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Officials.
Assistant Jailor – Men
|BC – PSTM||1|
|BC – Ex-Serv||1|
Assistant Jailor – Women
- Rs. 150/-
- Examination fee of Rs.150/- (Rupees One Hundred and Fifty only) is payable by online through Net banking / Credit card / Debit card or it can be paid by offline at SBI / at Indian Bank within 2 days from the date of submission of online application, by choosing the option in the online application.
- Applicants have to register their basic particulars through One -Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of Rs.150/- (Rupees One Hundred and Fifty only) towards registration fee and then should apply online for this recruitment. The One – Time Registration will be valid for five years from the date of registration. Thereafter, the registration should be renewed by paying the prescribed fee. Applicants who had already registered in One Time Registration system by paying Rs.50/- before 01.03.2017 and having validity and those who have registered for One-Time Registration system are exempted from paying the registration fee for this recruitment.
- Applicants have also to pay the service charges applicable to the State Bank of India / Indian Bank.
|1||Constitution and Human Rights||200||300||3 Hours|
|2||Administration of Union|
|3||Socio-Economic issues in India / Tamil Nadu|
|4||Current issues at National Level|
|5||Current issues at National Level|
|1||General Studies||75||300||3 hours|
|2||Aptitude & Mental Ability Test||25|
|3||General Tamil / General English||100|
|Interview and Record||80|
- A degree of any recognized University.
- Candidate should possess adequate knowledge in Tamil.
|Category||Height (Not less than)||Chest Measurement not less than (round the chest) (Minimum Difference 5 cms for all categories)|
|For all Communities (Except SC, SC(A) and ST)||For SC, SC(A) and ST||On full expiration||On full inspiration|
|For all communities (except SC, SC(A) and ST)||For SC, SC(A) and ST||For all communities (except SC, SC(A) and ST)||For SC, SC(A) and ST|
|Men||168 cms||160 cms||81 cms||79 cms||86 cms||84 cms|
|Women||159 cms||157 cms||(Not applicable)|
Constitution and Human Rights
- Human rights and crimes against women.
- Human rights and child exploitation.
- Salient features of the Constitution.
- Human rights Juvenile reformatory institutions.
- Historical Background.
- The concept of Human Rights.
- Human rights of prisoners in Jail.
- Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Union and its Territory.
- Human rights and right of Bail.
- Making of the Constitution.
- Human rights and gender or castes equality.
- Fundamental Duties.
- Basic Structure of the Constitution.
Economic issues in India/ Tamil Nadu
- Child Labour.
- Sanitation‐ Rural and Urban.
- Population Explosion.
- Unemployment issues in India & Tamil Nadu.
- Corruption in public life.
- Central and State Commission.
- Terrorism and Communal violence.
- Social injustice to womenfolk.
- Employment Guarantee Scheme.
Administration of Union
- The role of recruitment agencies.
- Use of IT in administration.
- State government organization.
- District administration.
- Public Services.
- Social welfare.
- Social welfare.
- The relationship between State and Union
- History and culture of India.
- Indian Economy.
- Indian National Movement.
- Current Events.
- Indian Polity.
- Verbal Classification.
- Essential Part.
- Number Series.
- Letter and Symbol Series.
- Making Judgments.
- Verbal Reasoning.
- Logical Games.
- Analyzing Arguments.
- Logical Problems.
- Artificial Language.
- Matching Definitions.
- Detecting Mis-spelt words.
- Spot the error.
- Synonyms/ Homonyms.
- Fill in the blanks.
- Sentence structure.
- Verbal Comprehension passage etc.
- One word substitutions.
- Idioms and phrases.
- Differential Geometry.
- Real Analysis.
- Differential Equations.
- Time and Distance.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations.
- Number Systems.
- Primary Mathematics.
- Operations Research & Linear Programming.
- Analytical Geometry.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Computation of Whole Numbers.
- Ratio and Time.
Previous Year Question Paper