SSC Stenographer Grade C & D 2019
Important Date to Note
|Starting date for Apply Online||20-09-2019|
|Last date for Apply Online||18-10-2019|
|Last date for Payment||20-10-2019|
|Last date for Generation of Offline Challan||20-10-2019|
|Last date for Payment through Challan||22-10-2019|
|Date of Computer Based Examination||05.05.2020 to 07.05.2020|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
- Minimum Age: 18 Years
- Maximum Age for Stenographer Gr-C: 30 Years
- Maximum Age for Stenographer Gr-D:27 Years
|Category||Upper Age Limit/Age Relaxation|
|PwD (unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|Pwd (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||3 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)||8 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||40 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications. (SC/ ST)||45 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||35 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST )||40 years|
|Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces.||45 years|
|Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces (SC/ ST)||50 years|
|Retrenched census employees of the office of Registrar General of India (They will be considered only for offices under RGI in their order of merit and subject to availability of vacancies )||3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weightage of past service|
- Written Examination
- Skill Test
- Document Verification
- Update Soon
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||1129||1434|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||214||39|
- Rs. 100/-(for General and OBC). Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/Ex-servicemen category as well as female candidates are exempted from paying the application fee
|Section Asked||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Awareness||50||50||2 Hours(2 hours and 40 minutesfor the candidates who are allowed use of scribe)|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
- Question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice. Questions will be set in Hindi and English except for Part-III.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the question.
- Marks scored by candidates in the Computer Based Examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit.
Skill Test in Stenography
- The candidates who are shortlisted in the Computer Based Examination for the next stage will have to appear for the Skill Test in Stenography.
- The candidates 13 will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English or Hindi (as opted by the candidates in the online Application Form) at the speed of 100 word per minute (w.p.m) for the post of Stenographer Grade „C‟ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade „D‟.
- The matter will have to be transcribed on computer. The transcription time is as follows:
|Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration (in minutes)||Time Duration (in minutes) for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe in the CBE (Para-7)|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50||70|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||Hindi||65||90|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40||55|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||Hindi||55||75|
- Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment, failing which their probation may not be cleared by appointing departments. Candidates have to work as English/ Hindi stenographers as per the functional requirement of the User Office irrespective of the medium of Skill Test of candidate during the examination.
- The skill test will be held at the Commission’s Regional/ Sub Regional Offices or at other Centre(s) as may be decided by the Commission.
- Detailed instructions regarding Skill Test will be sent by the concerned Regional/ Sub Regional Offices of the Commission to the candidates called for the Skill Test.
- 12th Standard/ equivalent exam from a recognized Board or University
Previous year Cut-Off for Grade C
Previous year Cut-Off for Grade D
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- similarities and differences
- space visualization
- problem solving
- decision making
- visual memory
- discriminating observation
- relationship concepts
- arithmetical reasoning
- verbal and figure classification
- arithmetical number series
- non-verbal series
- arithmetical computation and
- other analytical functions.
- Economic scene
- General Polity including Indian Constitution and
- Scientific Research.
English Language & Comprehension
- Sentence Structure
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
Previous Year Question Paper
Model Question Paper