- BSF Constable Tradesmen
Important Date to Note
|Starting date to submit Application Form||26.01.2019|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||within 30 Days|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications for far flung areas||within 45 Days|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
Age Limit (as on 01.08.2019)
- Minimum Age:18 Years
- Maximum Age:23 Years
- Age relaxation is applicable as per rules
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Trade Test
- Written Test
- Medical Examination
Scale Of Pay
- These vacancies are in the pay Matrix Level-3, Pay Scale Rs.21,700 – 69,100/- and other allowances are admissible to Central Government employees from time to time.
- Total Posting : 1763
Physical Standard Test (PST)
|Male||Height||162.5 cm||167.5 cm|
|Chest||76-81 cm||78-83 cm|
|Female||Height||150 cm||157 cm|
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|Race||5 Kms in 24 Minutes|
- Those Candidates who Qualify the PST/PET/Documentation will face the Trade Test. Each Candidates will be allowed to Appear in one Trade Test Only as entered in the application Form.
- Candidates those who are going to apply can refer for Application Fee Details
The written test will be conducted on OMR basis.
|Subject||No. of Questions||No. of Marks||
|1.||General Awareness / General Knowledge||25||25||2 hours|
|2.||Knowledge of Elementary Mathematics||25||25|
|3.||Analytical Aptitude and ability to observe the distinguish pattern||25||25|
|4.||Basic knowledge of English & Hindi||25||25|
- The time duration will be 02:00 hours (120 minutes).
- The written test will be of 100 Marks/ Questions.
- Cut off marks for written examination will be 35% for General and Ex-Servicemen and 33% for SC/ST/OBC candidate.
- The questions will be set both in Hindi and English. Candidates will have the option to answer either in Hindi or English.
Matriculation or equivalent with:-
- Two Years work experience in respective trades; OR
- One year certificate course from Industrial Training Institute of Vocational Institute with at least one year experience in the trade; OR
- Two years Diploma from Industrial Training Institute in the trade or similar trade
- History, Geography and Socio Economic development of Himachal Pradesh. Knowledge of current events of National and International importance and such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. Paper will also include questions on Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India, Indian culture, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Geography of India.
Knowledge of elementary Mathematics
- The test of Arithmetical and Numerical abilities will cover Number Systems including questions on Simplification, Decimals, Fractions, L.C.M., H.C.F., Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Average, Profit & Loss, Discount, Simple & Compound Interest, Mensuration, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Tables & Graphs, etc.
Analytical Aptitude and ability to Observe the Distinguish Pattern
- It will include the question of both verbal and non-verbal type. Question will be asked from analogies, similarities and and differences, problem solving, relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions, Venn diagrams, relationship concepts and Ability to observe and distinguish patterns etc.
- Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested. Questions will be asked from error recognition, fill in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, etc.
Previous Year Question Paper
Model Question Paper