Good News For All TNPSC Aspirants. The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is going to announce Motor Vehicle Inspector Grade – II Recruitment Notification 2018. Government ordered to fill 20% of the Vacancies in direct recruitment and 20% on Reservation Vacancies.
We are continuously providing latest updates for all the TNPSC Motor Vehicle Inspector Grade II Aspirants.As per the schedule TamilNadu PSC MVI Notification 2018 Will be Live in first week of February 2018. Eligible candidates without any delay can apply. TamilNadu Public Service Commission is the ancient PSC in the Country.
Last Date : 13.03.2018
Paper I (Written Test) : 10.06.2018
Paper II (Written Test) : 10.06.018
Vacancies : 113
Official Notification : Click Here
Apply Online : Click Here
* Note : previous year question paper, syllabus, pattern and other details available here *
Name of Postings
- Motor Vehicle Inspector Grade II
- 21 years – SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all castes
- 21 to 32 years – Others
Date to Note
- Date for Online Application 13.03.2018
- Passed SSLC, Diploma in Automobile Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering with relevant experience.
- Written Examination
- Oral Test
- One Time Registration system : Rs. 50/
- All Others : Rs.150/-
- One year or more
|I||Mechanical Engineering||100||300 marks||3 hours|
|II||General Studies||75||200 marks||2 hours|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability||25|
Previous Year Question Paper
- Theory of Machines:Balancing of single and multi-cylinder engines, Linear vibration analysis of mechanical systems etc.
- Mechanics of Solids: Stress-strain relations, uni axial loading, stress/strain tensor applied to a body subject to loads, thermal stress. Beams etc.
- Engineering Materials:Basic concepts of structure of solids, Crystalline materials, Defects in Crystalline material, Alloys and binary phases diagrams etc.
- Manufacturing Science: Merchant force analysis, Taylor’s tool life equation, machine ability and machine economics, Rigid small and flexible automation etc.
- Manufacturing Management:Production planning and control, forecasting-moving average, exponential smoothing, Operation Scheduling, assembly line balancing, product development etc.
- Elements of Computation:Computer Organization, flow charting, features of common computer languages C & C++
- Thermodynamics:Basic concepts, open and closed systems, Application of thermodynamic laws, gas equations.
- IC Engines, Fuels and Combustion:Spark Ignition and compression ignition engines. Four stroke and two stoke engines, Mechanical, thermal and volumetric efficiency etc.
- Heat Transfer, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning:One and two dimensional heat conduction, Heat transfer from extended surfaces, heat transfer by forced and free convection Heat exchangers etc.
- Turbo Machines and Power Plants: Continuity , momentum and energy equations, adiabatic and isentropic flow, Fanno lines, Rayleigh lines etc.
- Fundamentals OF Mechanical Engineering:Explanations of different Standards etc.
- Dynamics: Time study and motion study, Explanations of work, Power, Energy.
- Conventional Manufacturing Process:Turning, Welding, Shaping, Molding, Foundry Technology, Drilling etc.
- Thermodynamics: Laws of Thermodynamics, First law, Second law, Zeroeth law, Statement and Explanation etc.
- Electrical Machines and Electronics:Generating equipments, D.C. Motor, Three phase Induction motor, Single Phase Induction motor, Alternator, Transformer etc.
- Kinematics and Dynamics of Machine:Simple mechanism, kinematics and their classifications, link mechanism. Inversion etc.
- Vehicle Dynamics: Understanding of vehicle dynamics, Dynamics load in moving vehicle, Tyres etc.
- Two and three wheel technology extended to four wheel technology
- Transmission System:Various drives, Selection of Transmission system.
- Gear study and design of different types of gears. study of gear train
- Frame and body of the vehicle
- Electrical System and Instrumentations:Battery ignition system and Magneto ignition system, specification of Battery etc.
- Advance Mechanical Measurements:Tolerances, gauging, Straightness and flatness measurement, surface finish, measurement of pressure, vacuum, angular speed, flow, etc.
- Automotive System Design:Design of clutch system, Design of propeller shaft, Axle design, Design of braking system etc.
- Automobile Air Conditioning:Study of different types of air conditioning system, Study of different types of refrigerants, Study of psychometric chart, thermal load calculation and analysis, air circuit. Control of temperature, humidity and quality of air, Maintenance of air conditioning system
- Alternate Fuels and Engine:Needs of alternate fuels study and combustion of different alternate fuels like, LPG, CNG, LNG, Alcohol, hydrogen etc.
- Garage practice
- Transport management and laws, total quality management (tqm)
- Heat Transfer: Study of Radiator system, Heat transfer by Conduction Convection and Radiation. Study of Different Types of Heat Exchangers.
- Tribology: i.e., Lubrication system in Automobiles, different types of Lubricants
- General Science (Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology)
- Current Events (History, Political Science, Geography, Economics & Science)
- History and culture of India
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- Indian National Movement etc
Aptitude & Mental Ability
- Conversion of information to data
- Collection, compilation and presentation of data
- Tables, graphs, diagram
- Parametric representation of data Analytical interpretation of Data
- Highest Common Factor (HCF)
- Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple interest
- Compound interest
- Area-Volume-Time and Work-Behavioural ability
- Basic terms
- Communications in information technology
- Application of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Decision making and problem solving
- Logical Reasoning
- Puzzles-Dice-Visual Reasoning
- Alpha numeric
- Number Series
- Logical Number/Alphabetical/Diagrammatic Sequences