Date of Notification : 27.04.2018
Opening Date : 02.05.2018
Last Date : 02.06.2018
Vacancies : 5494
Apply Online : Click Here
Official Notification : Click Here
(Check Syllabus and pattern here)
Name of Postings
- Unarmed Branch of District Executive Force (DEF) – 1851
- Armed Branch – 3643
- Minimum Age:18 Years
- Maximum Age: 25 Years
- For SC/ST candidates: 05 years
- For OBC candidates: 03 years
- For PH candidates: 10 years
- Un-Armed Branch: You should be Class XII passed from a recognized Board.
- Armed Branch: You should have passed Class-X from a recognized Board.
- Phase I Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Phase II Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Phase III Written Test
- There is no application fee.
Mode of Application
|Gender||Category||Height (cm)||Category||Chest (cm)|
|Male||GEN/OBC/MOBC/SC||162.56||GEN/OBC/MOBC/SC/ST (H)||80 (unexpanded)||85 (expanded)|
|ST (H)/ST (P)||160.02||ST (P)||78 (unexpanded)||83 (expanded)|
|ST (H)/ST (P)||152.4||Nil||Nil|
Recruitment is based on 3 stages
- Physical Standard Test
- After scrutiny of your application forms, you will have to appear in the PST (Physical Standard Test).
- It will be qualifying in nature.
- Measurement of the height, weight & chest (only males) will be done.
- You will be examined by a Medical Officer for preliminary check-ups like knock knee, vision test, color blindness test, flat foot, varicose vein, physical deformities etc.
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Once you clear the PST, you will have to appear in the PET (Physical Efficiency Test).
- The test will carry 40 marks.
- There will be two events in this test
- Male Candidates
- Race: You will have to run a race of 3.2 km race to be completed within 14 minutes.
- Long Jump: Minimum 335 cm for long jump (3 chances will be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks).
- Female Candidates.
- Race: You will have to run a race of 1600mtrs to be completed within 08 minutes.
- Long Jump: Minimum 244 cm for long jump (3 chances will be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks).
- Written Test
- Written test will be OMR answer sheet based.
- It will consist of 100 multiple choice type questions to be answered.
- Total marks for the Written Test will be 50. For each correct answer, you will get half a mark.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Questions will be of the level of class IX and X.
Final selection will be best on marks obtained in Physical Efficiency Test, Written Test, and marks given to extra-curricular activities.
|S. No||Type of the Exam||Subject Names||Total Questions||Maximum Marks|
|1||Multiple Choice questions||General knowledge||100||50|
- Pay Scale: Rs. 14000 – 49000/-
- Grade Pay: Rs 5600/- (Pay Band-II).
Cut Off Marks
|Year||Cut off Mark for Physical Test||Cut off Mark for Written Test|
- The relationship between Numbers
- Profit and Loss
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Computation of Whole Numbers
- Use of Tables and Graphs
- Number Systems
- Time and Work
- Decimals and Fractions
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Distance
- Ratio and Time
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
Reasoning & General Intelligence
- Syllogistic reasoning
- Statement as well as Conclusion type questions
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Venn Diagrams
- Arithmetical number series
- Blood Relations
- Coding and decoding
- Number Series
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Non-verbal series
- Besides Seating Arrangements.
- Sentence structure
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Detecting Misspelt words
- Parts of Speech
- Spot the error
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Detection & Error Correction
- One-Word substitutions
- Reading Comprehension
- History of Assam.
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries.
- Current Affairs – National & International.
- Countries & Capitals etc.
- Important Financial & Economic News.
- Assam Culture.
- International & National Organizations.
- Books and Authors.
- Important Days.
- Current Events.
- Awards and Honors.
Previous Year Question Paper